Thursday, July 18, 2019

Respect




When I was at a college, I used to have a lot of seniors who had to extends the study for more than 5 years.

Every one of them has a different reason for that. Car accident, repeat paper, miss class, family matter and so on. Some just end up with silly circumstances such as online gaming,dota, relationship, part-time work and simply lazy. Regardless of that, I have fun being with them. Some junior might feel ashamed to be associated with them. But for me no such thing.

Having respect for people who older or having experience things before us whether they good or not, was pretty much a rich lesson to me.
Thanks to those experiences, I never look down or disrespect my senior at my workplace. Even some of them are younger than me or treat me like a friend, or maybe treat me like trash, I still have a line that I put for myself to remind me that those are my seniors.

With that in mind, I can be professional at work. Although I'm still working on that.
On the other side, I don't mind if my junior doesn't want to respect me. After all, it is not compulsory for them to do so. And even so, I still treat them as a co-worker. It's a reflection that they want people to see about them so it might be weird if some of them whining about not getting involved in fun stuff or treating coldly by other co-workers later.

The advice I received from one of my superiors was like this (i was in junior years, and decided to quit my job) :
"No matter what happened, just be professional. We understand your situation, we are aware of that. But human is not easy to deal with, especially those whose carrier path is from other people's hardship."

............

Even a junky has good advice to others.
It takes someone who experiences a bad thing to give a good lesson to others. It's common sense.

So respect your elders. It's not about them, it all about what inside you.



No comments:

Post a Comment